With Turkish percussionist Nezih Antakli
Learn how to play basic techniques, traditional Middle Eastern rhythms and belly dance accompaniment. For beginner and intermediate levels.
Topics covered in the workshop:
• Basic playing techniques of the doumbek.
• Exercises to develop precise timing and sharp sounds.
• Middle Eastern rhythms from Egypt and Turkey.
• Combinations of rhythms.
• Ideas for belly dance accompaniment.
• Simple explanation of odd time signatures (e.g. 7/8 and 9/8). Location:
South Street Sounds 1531 South St Philadelphia, PA 19146 When:
February 6th 2009. 4:00-6:00 pm Cost:
$25 (instrument rental possible - $4)
To sign up
or for more information
call 215 900 8599
or e-mail email@example.com
Also check: nezihantakli.blogspot.com